Since September 2016 I am an assistant professor at the MAP5, University Paris Descartes.
Before that I have been from 2012 to 2015 a PhD student at the IMB and the LaBRI (University of Bordeaux), under the supervision of Jean-François Aujol, Charles-Alban Deledalle and Jean-Philippe Domenger.
Then I worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Institute for applied mathematics at the University of Münster (Germany), with Martin Burger.
My research interests focus on image restoration and registration, based in particular on variational and nonlocal methods.
Since September 2016: Assistant professor at the MAP5, University Paris Descartes.
About my PhD
Numerical night vision system:
Automatic restoration and multimodal registration of low light level images
under the supervision of Jean-François Aujol, Charles-Alban Deledalle and Jean-Philippe Domenger.
My PhD was financed by the DGA and the Aquitaine and it was the result of a collaboration with Thales Avionics in Bordeaux Le Haillan. The goal of this project is to enhance the quality of night vision for helicopter pilots. This is achieved thanks to a numerical system composed of a light intensifier (IL) coupled to a CCD camera. The obtained images are directly projected onto the helmet visor. The goal of this rpoject is to improve this night vision device.
The first part consists in reducing the noise level that corrupts the LI images, thanks to an automatic noise estimation algorithm combined to an adaptive video denoising algorithm. Then the LI images are registered to infrared image (IR) in order to perform the fusion of both modalities.
- E.M. Brinkmann, M. Burger, J. Rasch, C. Sutour. Bias-reduction in Variational Regularization. Submitted to Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 2016
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Estimation of the noise level function based on a non-parametric detection of homogeneous image regions. Siam Journal on Imaging Sciences, 8(4):2622-2661, 2015.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol, C.-A. Deledalle et B.D. De-Senneville. Edge-based multi-modal registration and application for night vision devices. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, pages 1–20, 2015.
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Adaptive regularization of the NL-means : Application to image and video denoising. IEEE Transactions on image processing, vol. 23(8) : 3506-3521, 2014.
- C. Sutour, J.F. Aujol and C.A. Deledalle. Automatic estimation of the noise level function for adaptive blind denoising. EUSIPCO., 2016.
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Estimation du niveau de bruit par la détection non paramétrique de zones homogènes. Gretsi, 2015.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-P. Domenger. Adaptive regularization of the NL-means for video denoising. International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pages 2704–2708. IEEE, 2014.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol et C.-A. Deledalle. TV-NL : Une coopération entre les NL-means et les méthodes variationnelles. Gretsi, 2013.
- C. Sutour, J. Petitjean, S. Watts, J.M. Quellec, and S. Kemkemian. Analysis of K-distributed sea clutter and thermal noise in high range and Doppler resolution radar data. IEEE Int. Radar Conf. (RADAR), pages 1–4, 2013.
- MMCS Seminary, UMPA, Lyon, February 2017.
- SIAM Confenrence on Imaging Sciences, Albuquerque (New Mexico, USA), May 2016.
- SIS Seminary, I3S, Sophia-Antipolis, March 2016.
- Signal and Learning Seminary, I2M, Aix-Marseille, March 2016
- SPOC Seminary, Dijon, March 2016.
- SMATI Seminary, MAP5, Paris Descartes, January 2016.
- 1st Applied Mathematics Symposium Münster (Germany), 29th September 2015.
- Gretsi (Lyon, France), 08th September 2015.
- University of Münster (Germany), 26th August 2015.
- University of Graz (Austria), 30th July 2015.
- PhD Students Seminary, IMB, Bordeaux, June 2015.
- IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Paris, October 2014. Poster
- Gretsi, Brest, France, September 2013. Poster
- Imaging Workgroup, IMB, Bordeaux, January 2013.